Monday, November 26, 2012

Entry 6

I was so engrossed in the newspaper I didn't notice the meteor until it smashed into the museum and threw me against the wall. 'Odin's beard,' I thought. 'I can't believe it's actually happening.' People were screaming and running everywhere, there were more meteors raining down outside, smashing cars. There was a bloody guy running down the hallway, making weird moaning noises. One of the museum security officers took his gun out and shot at him a couple times, but the shots went straight through his chest and he kept running. He was running towards me. I swung the axe up over my head where it made sickening contact with the guys head. Black, clotted blood flew everywhere and he fell to the ground. There were more of them outside and the security people were getting overrun at the entrance to the hallway. 'Thor's hammer,' I thought. 'The living dead, as well?' Contrary to popular belief, there were zombie shows back in my time, too. Every Saturday at 7pm we would go to the AMC theater and watch the next installment of The Dead Walking, a show about a group of survivors during the zombie apocalypse. The actors were great, but the amount of people willing to act as zombies dwindled because they were often hurt when there heads were "fake" smashed in. Anyway, I ran back the way I came. There were three more security guys at the gate to the next hallway, which was closed. A bunch of the zombies were pressed up against it. They were firing at them, but more and more kept coming. I ran down the other hallway, to hear the gate be ripped out of the wall and men's screams as they were overtaken. I grabbed a bow from another exhibit I found, and I found a quiver of arrows in the gift shop. I slung my axe over my back and kept running. Bursting out the front doors, a large group of the zombies to my left were crushed by an asteroid as big as an ox. I had to get out of there, but I didn't know where to go. I spied three pretty big dudes with guns in a Hummer driving out of the parking lot. Not knowing what else to do, I ran after them, yelling and waving my arms. They stopped and yelled back, "Who are you? Are you bit?" I replied in a yell, as well. "My name is Ragar Bjornsven! No, I am not bit!" They saw the axe on my back and decided I might make a good companion. They drove back into the parking lot and opened the door. One of the guys jumped out and said, "I just wanna inspect you real quick, just to make sure." He poked around my arms and legs, when a zombie came up behind him. His head was about 20 feet away two seconds later, after my axe lopped his head of. The guy thanked me, deemed me clear of bites, and jumped back into the Hummer. I followed him, and the Hummer drove out of the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment